1. Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies Allāh, the King (of everything), the Holy, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
2. He it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves, reciting to them His Verses, purifying them (from the filth of disbelief and polytheism), and teaching them the Book (this Qur'ān, Islāmic laws and Islāmic jurisprudence) and Al-Hikmah (As-Sunnah: legal ways, orders, acts of worship, etc. of Prophet Muhammad). And verily, they had been before in mainfest error;
3. And He has sent him (Prophet Muhammad) also to others among them (Muslims) who have not yet joined them (but they will come). And He (Allāh) is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
4. That is the Grace of Allāh, which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allāh is the Owner of Mighty Grace.
5. The likeness of those who were entrusted with the (obligation of the) Taurāt (Torah) (i.e., to obey its commandments and to practise its legal laws), but who subsequently failed in those (obligations), is as the likeness of a donkey who carries huge burdens of books (but understands nothing from them). How bad is the example (or the likeness) of people who deny the Ayāt (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allāh. And Allāh guides not the people who are Zālimūn (polytheists, wrong-doers, disbelievers, etc.).
6. Say (O Muhammad): "O you Jews! If you pretend that you are friends of Allāh, to the exclusion of (all) other mankind, then long for death if you are truthful."
7. But they will never long for it (death), because of what (deeds) their hands have sent before them! And Allāh knows well the Zālimūn (polytheists, wrong-doers, disbelievers, etc.).
8. Say (to them): "Verily, the death from which you flee will surely meet you, then you will be sent back to (Allāh), the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen, and He will tell you what you used to do."
9. O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salāt (prayer) on the day of Friday (Jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allāh [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salāt (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing), that is better for you if you did but know!
10. Then when the (Jumu'ah) Salāt (prayer) is finished, you may disperse through the land, and seek the Bounty of Allāh (by working, etc.), and remember Allāh much, that you may be successful.
11. And when they see some merchandise or some amusement [beating of Tambur (drum) etc.] they disperse headlong to it, and leave you (Muhammad) standing [while delivering Jumu'ah's religious talk (Khutbah)]. Say "That which Allāh has is better than any amusement or merchandise! And Allāh is the Best of providers."