1. Glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most High,
2. Who has created (everything), and then proportioned it;
3. And Who has measured (preordainments for each and everything even to be blessed or wretched); then guided (i.e., showed mankind the right as well as wrong paths, and guided the animals to pasture);
4. And Who brings out the pasturage,
5. And then makes it dark stubble.
6. We shall make you to recite (the Qur'ān), so you (O Muhammad) shall not forget (it),
7. Except what Allāh, may will, He knows what is apparent and what is hidden.
8. And We shall make easy for you (O Muhammad) the easy way (i.e., the doing of righteous deeds).
9. Therefore remind (men) in case the reminder profits (them).
10. The reminder will be received by him who fears (Allāh),
11. But it will be avoided by the wretched,
12. Who will enter the great Fire and made to taste its burning,
13. Wherein he will neither die (to be in rest) nor live (a good living).
14. Indeed whosoever purifies himself (by avoiding polytheism and accepting Islāmic Monotheism) shall achieve success,
15. And remembers (glorifies) the Name of his Lord (worships none but Allāh), and prays (five compulsory prayers and Nawāfil additional prayers).
16. Nay, you prefer the life of this world;
17. Although the Hereafter is better and more lasting.
18. Verily! This is in the former Scriptures,
19. The Scriptures of Ibrāhim (Abraham) and Mūsa (Moses).