- The elder, To the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in the truthand not I only, but also all who know the truth
- because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:
- Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.
- It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.
- And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another.
- And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
- Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.
- Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.
- Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
- If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him.
- Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.
- I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.
- The children of your chosen sister send their greetings.
Proceed to 3 John
Return to The Bible